I ordered all of the parts for my home theater PC over the weekend, as a few things were on sale. Of course, my basement needs to cooperate and stop flooding. I have to get the carpet / pad replaced now. But this gives me two months to get the system built, Ubuntu installed, and MythTV configured.
- 1 pcHDTV HD3000 PCI card for watching / recording HDTV with.
- Abit 939 Motherboard (KN8), to go with the x2 4800+ I’ve had for a while.
- 2 GB of Corsair RAM
- 1 Silverstone LC16 home theater PC case, with 500w silent power supply, and 2 extra 80mm fans
- 1 Pioneer DVD-RW drive (black)
- 3 Seagate 300GB SATAII hard drives (call it 100 hours of HDTV recording)
- And a Hauppauge PVR-250 for recording standard def TV that I’ve been hanging on to for a while
- 1 BFG 6600GT PCIe video card – needed a GT to fit in the HTPC case
Almost everything was ordered from Newegg and PC Alchemy.
I need to do some more research if I should be using Ubuntu’s 64 bit version with MythTV, I’ve read mixed things. But the AMD x2 should perform extremely well for a HTPC. It won’t be easy getting everything configured, but god knows I’ve been researching it long enough, and now it’s go time.